GEDS Operational Phases and Reopening Plan
At Grace, our approach to education is intensely personal: hands-on, individualized, and supportive. No matter our learning phase for the school year, we believe that preserving and strengthening relationships and connections must come first.
What drives us as we make the best decisions for our community:
- The health and safety of the entire Grace community: students, faculty, and parents
- Designing for flexibility and adaptability
- Our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ensuring robust learning and academics, and keeping the teacher/student relationship at the center
- Preserving a caring community, and maintaining connections
- Fully remote
- Maximum class sizes: 16 students (K-5) / 15 students (PS/Prek)
- Classroom teaching teams: two per classroom: one lead teacher and one assistant or associate teacher
- Tools: Seesaw student and parent portal; Zoom meetings; GSuite for Education
- Thanksgiving Break is the week of November 23-27, 2020.
- Our program will operate in Phase 1, Connected Remote Learning, from November 30 - December 18, 2020.
- Winter Break is from December 21, 2020 - January 1, 2021.
- Our program will operate in Phase 1, Connected Remote Learning, from January 4-15, 2021.
- At that point, we will review all relevant metrics and decision points with the hope of moving to a hybrid or fully in-person model in the school building. We will communicate our decision to Grace families on January 15, 2020.