GEDS Operational Phases and Reopening Plan
At Grace, our approach to education is intensely personal: hands-on, individualized, and supportive. No matter our learning phase for the school year, we believe that preserving and strengthening relationships and connections must come first.
Connected Remote Learning at Grace means two teachers per classroom, maximum class sizes of 16, a developmentally-appropriate mix of live and pre-recorded instruction, and a weekly check-in between teacher and family.
Grace is currently operating in Phase 1, Connected Remote Learning, from the beginning of the school year on September 8, 2020 until our reassessment date of October 1, 2020.
Starting October 6, 2020, we will move to Phase 2, Connected Remote Learning Plus Outdoor Day (CRL+O)
Our Guiding Principles
What drives us as we make the best decisions for our community:
- The health and safety of the entire Grace community: students, faculty, and parents
- Designing for flexibility and adaptability
- Our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Ensuring robust learning and academics, and keeping the teacher/student relationship at the center
- Preserving a caring community, and maintaining connections
Operational Phases for 2020-2021
Health and Safety
Wellness and Support
- Take home supply kits from all teachers and specialists (science, art, Spanish, mindfulness)
- Live, weekly individual family video check-ins
- Chromebooks available on demand
- GEDS-based Seesaw support on demand
- Orientation week featuring one-on-one meetings between all teaching teams and their families; a group orientation with classroom expectations, seesaw training, presentation of schedules; and an extensive family survey of needs and support requests
- Student Support Team (Dir. of learning support + three staff members + school counselor)
- Parent wellness including: Weekly Centering Morning Prayer, Weekly Morning Mindfulness, Bi-weekly Head of School coffees, Access to school counselor for parent group sessions, Monthly Community Town Halls
Mindfulness videos from Grade 5 Teacher Mr. LaPietra and (coming soon) from Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Ms. Martucci